Spring is in full effect, and we all know what that means – it’s time to get outside! You definitely want to take advantage of the beautiful weather, and have a lovely day out with your partner or your best friends. Here are some tips to make your day perfect:
What’s Your Budget?
The first decision you should make about your day out is how much you plan to spend. You can have a wonderful day out with no money at all, or you could go all out and spend big bucks for a lavish day on the town. This will dictate the kind of day you’re going to have, and you should decide on a budget to let everyone know so they can set aside enough money to fully enjoy the day.
If you’re going out with a group of friends, be sure to look for group discounts. Sites like Groupon and LivingSocial can provide you with great savings for your and your friends on your special day out.
What Do You Want To Do?
Sometimes, it can be difficult to plan an entire day of fun activities – especially when it comes to where you should start. That’s why it’s a good idea to find an interesting event around which you can plan the day.
You can pick an event going on in your city, and plan the day around that. Sites like TimeOut and EventBrite provide plenty of great recommendations for things to do in your area. You can plan to check out an art exhibition or an outdoor market, and plan the rest of your day out based on locales that are nearby. This certainly helps to narrow it down, as you’ll have a point of interest and your day can revolve around that.
Whether you’re going to the beach or to the park, you’ll likely have lots to pack: blankets, food, sports equipment, swimsuits and other items to keep you and your friends entertained. It would be a good idea to bring a large backpack or tote bag if you’re travelling on public transit. However, if you’re driving, rooftop cargo carriers will come in handy. You can throw all of your day-out essentials into the carrier, strap it to the top of your car and not have to worry about it until you reach your destination.
How Will You Get There?
Always be sure to plan your route in advance. You don’t want anything delaying you getting to your destination, so be sure that your travel is all sorted first.
If you’re travelling by car, check the traffic in advance for planned roadworks. Shortly before you leave, don’t forget to check again for any accidents that might result in heavy traffic. If you’re taking public transit, thoroughly plan your route – especially if you have to take multiple busses or trains. Make sure you know where to transfer and how long the trip should take. There’s nothing worse than getting stressed out while you’re on the way to your perfectly planned day out.
Still Stuck? Here Are Some Ideas
The possibilities are endless when it comes to going on a great day out. If you simply can’t decide what to do with your next free day, here are some ideas:
- Go to the spa. Have a nice brunch, get some treatments, and finish up with some cocktails.
- Take a long bike ride or hike. For the more active people out there, a scenic bike ride or a hike can make for a fun day out – followed by dinner at a quaint country restaurant.
- Most people never visit tourist attractions in their hometown. Take the day to check out all of the sights in your city.
- Visit some art galleries. In any city, you’ll find plenty of free art galleries where you can take a look at the work of talented local artists. You can have a day of culture and exploration, and finish things off with a cocktail masterclass at a local bar.
- Go to the beach or the park. You can have a relaxing day with plenty of friends just hanging out in the sunshine. Pack some blankets, finger foods, drinks, wireless speakers and a frisbee!